Tanzania has issued new travel regulations for travelers entering and leaving the country as a measure to control the transmission of Covid -19 virus. According to a statement issued by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Health Prof. Abel Makubi The move follows an increase in new corona virus infections.
The move comes just hours after the United Arab Emirates (UAE) announced a moratorium on flights for passengers from Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia, and Nigeria and increased travel restrictions on Ugandan and Ghanaian flights, starting today Saturday, December 25th.
New measures issued by the Tanzanian Ministry of Health include:
- Have a valid COVID-19 RT-PCR dosage certificate.
- Perform a rapid test (COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test) in the Airport within 6 hours before traveling to the United States, India and some European countries.
- Perform a rapid PCR test (COVID-19 Rapid PCR test) if you are traveling to the United Arab Emirates, or via Dubai.
- All travelers connecting air transport through Tanzania should undergo a rapid test (COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test) at the airport within 6 hours before departure.
- Have a valid COVID-19 vaccine certificate
Tanzania recently launched another large and state-of-the-art machine to test the rapid rate of Covid -19 for travelers traveling to the United Arab Emirates, after the country asked travelers from Tanzania to Dubai, get a 48-hour test and then end with a dose of six hours before the trip.